Friday, January 18, 2008

Back to Adam

One of the most interesting pieces of writing (with no intent of hurting the literary sentiments of anyone) is as follows, "The best man in the world is not good enough for any woman"


Now, I am not a feminist standing up for women's rights et al. I donot think women should have a 33% reservation. I don't even think that any form of a special treatment must be reserved for the women. I don't think a man has to hold open a door for me. I don't think the world has to stand while I take my seat. And I most definitely don't expect a good looking male colleague to go out of his way to drop me home in the dead of the night. [But i must admit, I LOOOOOVE every bit of attention that is unconsciously showered upon me and others of my kind]. But loking over the trivialities, undoubtedly, this statement echoes the larger sentiment of the fairer sex; atleast the sentiment that elicits a hidden sly smirk. This might actually add to the never ending debate of the superiority of one sex over the other. I am sure we have all had our share of jokes which denounce either of the halves that maketh the society. While we wait for our beloved Knights to return, what goes in taking a dig or two.


I loved it. And the debate goes on..

No comments: