Tuesday, January 8, 2008

memories in a pink cover

We are already 9 days into the year. A lil late it might be but what the heck! One question that has followed me around is what is my new year resolution? "None"
Not that I am a stranger to New Year resolutions. Long back (that makes me feel rather old) while in school, we made (or were asked to make) resolutions annualy. But not any more. Its maybe because I can't follow them lor maybe because I just dont see the point or just that its just another day. But ok...I have tried secretly. Just can't think of something really worthwhile to call it my new year resolution!
I mean I am not into alcohol or smoking or drugs! Men, i see no particular reason to avoid consciously. Dont need to lose weight. Dont have a troubled home scene that I need to sort. Have always had "that someone special" so dont need to look for it. Work wise, am fine. Broadly, am quite settled and happy.
So this time when I was pretty much made to announce my New Year Resolution, I had to think really hard. And I am still at it..
I just think, in this year I want to make the most of what comes by. Can't just take the good and leave the bad. But what I do intend to do is make a picture book of happy memories. Gather them up and fill my cup of joy. I wont leave the bad. Will just make the most of the good that comes along.
No extra doses of compromise and promises. Just a happy ending that will be mine for the taking. And I already see the picture book.
I want one with the bright pink cover and yellow flowers...

4 comments:

Renovatio said...

But how do you fit all the scents, all the tastes, all the moments that knock you senseless, into a book.

Ruchi Mann said...

It was proverbial..

Renovatio said...

And you took me far too literally :p

Ruchi Mann said...

{blinl blink..Tongue in cheek]