Monday, August 4, 2008

The kiss and the Miss...not so happening

I am no under cover journalist. And I am not likely to spill any beans on Ms Sherawat.
And I most definitely am wondering to myself as I write this, if the lady is actually worth occupying this space on "my blog"!!
What the heck!
This Saturday, I watched Ugly aur Pagli. Yes, the same movie which has the very unlikely pairing of Mallika Sherawat and Ranvir Shorey. What would a 'thinking actor' be doing with a woman whose claim to fame was 17 onsecreen kisses in her debut movie!! But I am sure, the 'thinking actor' did give this situation considerable thought :)
Afterall, he shares screen space with Mallika Sherawat, who as much as you and I hate her or love her, we just can't ignore her. And the lady sure knows how to get the curiosity levels sky high about her movies, her wardrobe or the lack of it or her co stars and also the steamy scenes with her co stars.
Anyhow, my take on the movie...
  • The 99 slaps line worked wonders..got everyone thinking
  • The movie was lukewarm compared to the 'sizzling' Pyaar ke side effects. Now the reasons may be varied. Maybe, PKSE wasn't so much of a Mallika movie. It gave equal footing to both Rahul and Mallika. Rahul, of course, played the perfect restraining act and maybe that took away a little from Ms Sherawat's over-the-top performance, which made it bearable and to some extent endearing. UAP, on the contrary, is out and out Mallika's playground. While Ranvir, thankfully, is not a mere prop but still he has precious littleto do in the movie. So, it's Ms Sherawat all the way. And, honestly, that gets alittle too much!!
  • The 1 promised kiss was so completely lost in all the drama of 99 slaps (which beyond 23, I stopped counting )
  • PNC has always made better movies. This was just not upto the mark.

And as for the leading lady of the movie, I mean I do like the woman for her honesty. But she could really work upon her crying. It just has to look beyond glycerine and half a choke.

Rest, it was okay.Time pass. Paisa vasool...hmmm..I would say so.

But then, just dont go with sky high expectations of seeing the Ugly getting slappred 99 times by the beauty and then the magic of the one kiss. U just won't find it.

Not here atleast.

No comments: