Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Green to Grey

The journey of many months ends in a day..in that moment when you take the final step
My journey of many unanswered questions, many unsolved mysteries...it all ended last week.

No, am not looking behind
But its hard not to

I miss it still

I miss the mindlessness of our activities
I miss the confusion and the mayhem
I miss the stillness of change
I miss the deadlines
I miss the chaos
I miss the roadsigns that lead nowhere
I miss the blown out candles

And

I miss the lunches
I miss the stairway to heaven
I miss the rings of fire
I miss the unspoken tales
I miss the whispers of gossip
I miss the giggles
I miss the love in the air
I miss the family


I miss the dark and lovely greens
I miss it all

Now, there are no greens
We live in a world of blue and grey
There is no stillness, but activity blinds you
There are no friends, but the crowd surrounds you
There is no mindlessness, but its hard to take direction...

There is a lot that was left behind
But I need to move on
Now, this is where I have to be
This is where the tomorrow is

But i miss it still

However, I shall thrive

...The green world shall survive!!!

No comments: