Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not just strangers

Its a strange somebody I see
through the smoked glass of my conscience
Its a vague sound I hear
amidst the patter of rain


There is a knock on the door
Someone wants to come in
Escaping the rain, the world outside
I hesitate

Looking around is no respite
It's a cover of darkness
A faint light gleams somewhere distant
The knock again

Reluctant steps inch closer to the door
A faint whisper, "Please let me in"
The creeping uncertainty
Yet again, "Please let me in"

A sceptical look out of the half opened door
It's a face I know
"Please come in"
I didn't say that..I didn't mean to
I must have wanted to

He strides in
And a little while later...

A cup of coffee and general pleasantaries
Fear long gone
A bit of the scepticism remains
Talk of this and that

Yet another cup of coffee
A journey to the 'has been'
A notion of the future
A talk of what is and will be

It's not dark anymore
It's getting better
And I am not alone, anymore
He is not a stranger

No comments: