Thursday, September 20, 2007

Playing by the rules

I have often wondered
about the complexity of life
the complexity that surrounds us
the complexity that we cannot overcome
and mostly, the complexity that is thrust upon us

The people who bring us into this world
The people who teach us the basis of life
The people who make us think
The people who are the truth
The people who thrust the complexity unto us

I have a lot more to see in life
There is a long way I have to travel
There is much I have to achieve
Many whom I have to conquer
I know there will be a price to pay

But the price will not be too big
It will not weigh me down
I assure you
I assure myself
I will simplify the complexity

Donot thrust it upon me
For you will not succeed
I have my sorrows
I have my joys to live for
I shall have my success to celebrate

Donot thrust upon me your judgement of right and wrong
Donot thrust upon me your idea of a perfect world
Donot thrust upon me your identification of good and bad
Donot thrust upon me your world
I will create my own Utopia

For, I donot believe in playing by the rules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Ruchi Mann said...

@Lexine..

Thanks Lexine. I'm just really surprised you read such an old post!!