Friday, September 21, 2007

What you think is what you get

It is as simple as it gets.
This is somethin which I had heard umpteen number of times before. Just one of those things, just another philosophy, just some more jargon about life...it is, but for someone else. To me it is only a sentence, one of those many that we hear everyday and night, one of those that my mom, ur mom, my dad, ur dad and everybody else has told me and you, again and again.

Until today...

It's true. Somtimes a person can completely change how you think. Sometimes, a day can make a difference in what shape your life takes.

Just another Friday morning. Between Sholay and "One black coffee please", just passing away time. A casual discussion over promised gifts and books leads to larger lessons of life. "What you think is what you get"...I dont agree!!! But just initially. She talks and it makes sense.

And then, I could relate to it. Think of not spoiling of your favourite white shirt and your best friend will spill coffee on it. Think of not meeting with an accident, well.... Think of not having enough money, and you will soon need to ask.

It's true. The difference lies in thinking positively. You don't need to change the truths of life, maybe you can't. But the catch is in accepting those truths but not make them your boundary lines, not living your life to those confines, not creating barriers. Just say, I need to take care of my white shirt, I need to drive carefully, I need to make this money.

Just add optimism to your statements, your thoughts, your life.

Afterall, what you think is what you get.

Inspiration: www.thesecret.tv

2 comments:

Murugesan said...

hae... why dont we live for this second... what's the problem in facing the life as it comes...?

Ruchi Mann said...

well there is no problem in living for the second..but its just a positive mindset that we should live with anyway.