Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The fear of Valentines

Strolling into Costa Coffee, I came across a horrific sight. A heart shaped pink cheese cake!!!
And then I saw that the 'season of love' had claimed three victims right there, right then. Just like that. Like a secret wand came out and filled the air with love (which is blind obviously) and made these people leave whatever meaningful work they were doing and order that cake!! Just like that.

I am certain it is the grey hear too many on my head that got this reaction from me (quite similar to what my mother would react like when we went shopping a couple of years back, shucks it was decades). Or may be not!!

I am just sick of seeing people going the overtly commercial way to celebrate love. And mind you, I am not a cynic. I mean even logically speaking, would you really want to tear into someone's heart of all things!! Not me. Whatever happened to the simple 'I love you' or those silly nothings like burning a CD of their favorite songs, making a presenttaion or a video with yoir pics or even the staid chocolates and perfumes routine!! Or am I just too old as these are dated. I am still in love with the idea of being in love. And meaning it too.

I would still vouch for these. So, while I wait for that someone to sweep me off my feet, I wouldn't mind some luxury chocolates delivered by a 'singing clown'!!

Mansukh Mann, got you some business!!

Anyway, happy valentines to all (this generation I tell you...whatever look)

No comments: