Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008..goodbye forever

Finally!! It the last day of the year and what a day at that!!

While I read people's plan for the new year's eve, I can't help but rue at lack of any plans for my evening ahead. But that is not the reason I am happy this year is over. I mean when I look back at the last 365 days, I don't have any one thing that I will associate with this year 10 years down the line - nothing!! This year seems to have gone by in a state of sleep walking with nothing to shake me out of my slumber.

So I decided to note the random few things that have made this year special in many ways.
  • Mansukh Mann deserves a very special mention in this category. Not so much for the 'no trouble period' that I had with her (coz that was virtually non existent) but for the many movies that she made me sit through (mostly against my will), the many sandwiches and parathas she fed me, the one time that we both went to Big Chill (amazing) and her endless counseling days (no prizes for guessing who counsels)!!
  • Blob coz he has just been adorable and for making me get up every working day at 6:30. But more so because he has very patiently listened to my rambling (he basically didn't have a choice!!)
  • Malvika Varma for making endless trips to India so that I (nee we) don't forget what she looks like...ever and for all those endless rounds of laughter between her and Mansukh on each visit and also for her dollops of 'humor' on g talk!!
  • And now that I have mentioned two devils, I might as well mention the third one. Neha Varma who, above all, has been a constant fixture of all the future plans (whether or not she has been involved in making them), including those that involve notorious kids ;)
  • Massi's retirement. Yeah that was an event in itself and I absolutely loved it.
  • Blogging!! While I still haven't achieved the eutopian target of one post every day, I have considerably improved from last year. So am sure 2009 is going to be a rocking year in those terms.
  • Rab ne bana di jodi - Surinder Sahni. Period.

So that is all for what this year held for me. I do hope that 2009 is more eventful and far more rocking than this one proved to be. And for all those stepping out tonight, have a great year end and an even greater start to 2009. Be safe.

God bless!!

1 comment:

Happy "TODAY"! said...

ahhh.. am i honoured or what! My name features before your 'baby's'... I am baby no. 1 now!!!

thank you for making this new year so special..this has just added to the Dvd excitement. Thank you!!

Baby no.1..I am baby no.1!!!:-)