Thursday, December 18, 2008

With nothing to say....

Another day has gone by
Not a very pleasant one at that
Some truths from the past caught up
Some talk of future lay undiscovered

The past should exactly be that
It becomes much too hard to bear
When it leaps into my present
Aiming at being witness to my future

It rings no bell
It doesn't sound familiar
But it leaves me with a sinking feeling
A feeling that deepens with every word they say

A hidden guilt
Not quite something I deserve
Not quite something I asked for
Not something that I want

Some truths from the past
Was it really that
Or was it a misconceived perception
That has fed your thoughts of what was

I keep the good times
You choose the bad ones
We had both, aplenty
We could have had more

I don't know who is to blame
For what is not
I am not looking away
But it could just be you

Every thought of the future
Left us smiling
Every talk of the past
Now brings a tear

Don't know if this was meant to be
Or Not
We left each other
With nothing to say....

2 comments:

Sushant Kumar said...

Hi,

well written. Seems u are going through a breakup.It explains the thought well.

I've tried a hand at poetry and I'd like u to comment on my recent poem.

Masquerading
silence

Ruchi Mann said...

@ Sushant

:) well no!! I am not really going through a break up!! Just penned a few random thoughts. But am glad you liked it. Thanks.