Monday, January 5, 2009

Rewind January 2008 into 2010

About a year ago, I had written these posts about how tiring my new year had been (2008 that is) because of the unending calls and messages and just what New Year resolutions I should make. Reading through them today I couldn't help but feel a strange sense of nostalgia. I still remember (vaguely, of course) sitting in my office and writing those posts. Am back doing the same thing at the same place today :)

But what stood out was that as I looked back at the new year's eve this time, my phone was pleasantly quite. Now, I am sure that not everyone I know read my posts. So I was a bit surprised and spent a better half of the day thinking "WHY". And then out of some dark corner, peeped the half shy answer. I juts haven't been in touch with sooooo many people in the year gone by that I am sure half of them will be jumping out of surprise and vague recollection when they find my name on their contact lists in a few months, going, "Oh my god!! There was a Ruchi I knew too!!". And that's when I decided. I am going to be far more socially active in the coming 360 days than I have been in the last. And oh!! hide that smirk off your face. It's got nothing to do with getting more New Year wishes which I delete as soon as I get them. I will make a conscious effort in 'reaching out' to those I have known. I will wish them all on their birthdays. I will call them up on times away from work too. I am sure 2010 will be a different story!! So, that is one closed book dusted and ready to be read again.

And as for the other, the pink book that I had announced I will make last year (which never saw the light of day), I will finally work on it. And what better way than to start with this blog. It is afterall, my pink book with all the goods, the bads, the uglys. With the pains, the triumphs, the falls and the rises. It will also soon have a big bright yellow flower that will make it just oh-so-puuurfect!! But till then, this is it.

So, I do believe that this year has started on a rather promising note. It has been great thus far and I am sure, I will have much to write in my 'new pink book :)'

PS: If the colour hurts your eye, haha, let me share it hurts mine too :). But still, this is for keeps.

Love.

2 comments:

Mayank said...

the color doesn't hurt at all :) its nice to see the new look actually.
must say u write beautifully! (shayad ajeeg lagega coz we hardly knw each other in person and m giving u compliments already! haha.. :) but i guess i can say i know u (a bit) after having gone thru a bit of ur blog (lots of it is still left, m reading it slowly and savoring each moment of it :P)(another compliment!!) :D so i think its ok if i do so..

Ruchi Mann said...

:) thanks and the compliments are welcome, whethre u know me or not ;)