Monday, January 12, 2009

...rukavat ke liye khed hai

Finally after two days and three nights I can breathe easy. I was worried sick when a rather unexpected HTML error threatened to take away this rather dear blog away..forever!! It so happened that just as I clicked "OK" on the final post before slipping into the blissful weekend, there it popped up it's ugly face...some random HTML error which would not even give me a chance to surround myself in the pink abode. So, there I was virtually stranded before the weekend!! Went home and checked again and again and again and again till I finally gave up and thought that I was never going to really see it again. But then thank God for Sandy (not the one mentioned in a post below, the other one)..he proved to be my knight in shining armour and "AHOY!!" here I am...

Missed you so much over the rather eventful weekend..will fill in more . So, here I go.

After formally kick starting the weekend with the great great ALDO that puts me a few notches higher than most others (I am not being bitchy, just the rather scandalous heel that I am talking about here) followed by a yum Chinese meal that capped Friday. By Saturday, I had almost forced myself to get out of the sombre mood (because of the blog mishap, sheesh low attention span I tell you) and got ready for some moments of critical reasoning. This followed some great shopping which included a very very nice pair of jeans (I am not getting into more details here but I will just share that coupled with the ALDO, they make me look taaaallll). And then there was Mango!! What what!! I have never really been a big fan of the brand but then I just entered the shop lured by the word SALE (true to practically every woman on the face of this earth) written a font size bigger than me. And there hidden away not so discreetly were two of the most amazing jackets I have ever seen or owned. They were OMG heavenly. But that's where I let my sensibilities get the better of me and stopped. Not too bad. There's always a next time. So on we went looking at more ALDO and Nine West (which btw, had the most horrendous shoes I had seen in a long time). Nothing. Most other shops had more Chandni Chowk stuff than the whole of Chandni Chowk put together. So, there ended the euphoria. But we dragged our feet a little longer. The silver lining was that, surprisingly, the place was devoid of screeching aunties, pot bellied uncles and completely out of control kids who know not the purpose of anything in life running diagonally across the entire length of the mall with their mothers trying rather hard to catch up with the little masters!!

And oh!! I couldn't not mention the stupid ugly man who almost forced me to break my vow of not losing my cool over the two days. It goes that as he stuffed his face with a kathi role, he couldn't help signalling to us in a not so covert manner about how "yum it was", if you get the drift. So wanted to stuff that role up his ***. He almost spoiled it..just almost.
So overall the weekend wasn't that bad after all.

And now that I am back, I will be writing much much more just coz I missed this so much. But for now, I am just soaking up the sun.

Love..

No comments: